Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Yosemite Sim to Close


By Gemma Cleanslate


One of my all time favorite regions in Second Life is Yosemite. This multifacited sim is just full of places to tour, horseback ride, look at art, relax in the cafe, or visit the shops in the mall, or the Magenda, Jadyn’s store .

 
There is the John Muir camping area where you can set down a short picnic and camp. There is also a memorial site for those who want to place a candle or another tribute to some one gone. 


Jadyn Firehawk has been improving and adding to her builds for years  to represent the real Yosemite, which she dearly loved. I have visited the sim  often either for events,  for breakfast meetings that are held once a month, or just roaming and looking at the art exhibits.

Now it is with sadness that I have learned that Yosemite will close, perhaps temporarily, or not.
I know all the members of the group will miss it. Jadyn sent a notice to the group:

 I regret to inform everybody that I have decided to close down Yosemite Sim, due to a combination of medical and financial reasons....I am hoping to be able to reestablish a Virtual Yosemite in SL as soon as I can, though it will probably be on a reduced scale, such as on a homestead sim. The main park, Yosemite Valley (Forever Wild), and the rental cabins have by far been the most popular things about Yosemite Sim, and so I hope to be able to bring at least those two things back to SL at a later date.

 P2P will experience no change.  Read about Yosemite and Jadyn here , and Deaflegacy’s interview.


If you want to visit to see this wonderful western America replica of the Yosemite National Park you still have time. The teleport board is so helpful getting you around to the various venues. I plan to visit several times for sure. I wish Jadyn so many best wishes and recovery soon. It is always sad to see a region go but hope for a quick return for the partial park soon.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yosemite/190/63/22

Gemma Cleanslate

3 comments:

  1. I will greatly miss Yosemite. I visit often and relax, ride a horse and just chill. It is a great place to escape from the stress of real life. I too am disabled and this place has helped me just to have the feel of getting out and relaxing at times. Thank you Jayden for giving us this place for so long. Chandler (Umbo.resident)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is with great sadness that I hear this news. My heart pains at losing such a wonderful place and own. I pray for you Jadyn. You have helped me out tremendously with a wonderful place to live and build. I too know what it feels like losing a full sim due to financial hardships and illness. As you are aware. Just when I'd thought of giving up this game you threw me a life line. Hopefully you will return soon because 2nd life is empty without your quiet support.
    Hugs to you and friends always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is with great sadness that I hear this news. My heart pains at losing such a wonderful place and own. I pray for you Jadyn. You have helped me out tremendously with a wonderful place to live and build. I too know what it feels like losing a full sim due to financial hardships and illness. As you are aware. Just when I'd thought of giving up this game you threw me a life line. Hopefully you will return soon because 2nd life is empty without your quiet support.
    Hugs to you and friends always.

    ReplyDelete