Monday, October 10, 2022

Halloween At Calas and Cica Ghost's Epsilon

 
 By Gemma Cleanslate


I had a chance to get to two amazing installations for Halloween fun.The first visit was to Shadowfell. Ty Tenk (Tymus Tenk) and Truck (Truck Meredith) of Calas Galadhon worked their magic to again
bring an elegant yet spooky walk for you through stunning and sometimes shocking wilds and caverns to reach the pavilion where events will be held.


At the entrance watch the warnings and advice to prepare yourself for the experience. Read it carefully to have the best experience on your trip along the way. Torches will guide you on your walk. There are signs along the way. At the entrance you also have the option of a boat ride which is wonderful. I chose to walk but will return for the boat ride later.


Frightful creatures lurk waiting for you to pass hoping to catch you unaware so take care. Follow the path laid out by the torches as well as you can. I became lost several times but was able to get back on track. Pavilion is the ultimate destination so keep that in mind if you do get off course.


Here is the Pavilion in all its glory. Have a spine-tingling journey! Begin here. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/MIST/5/75/23


My next journey took me to Cica Ghost’s Halloween installation. I always love her work. This is a different experience. Her pumpkins have taken over the place along with little ghosties and other amazing little creatures. Haunting eyes follow. Watch the brambles, don’t get stuck on them.



I hope those smiling faces are really friendly. I think so. Dance among them if you like. I wonder what they are thinking.


It is like being in a childhood dream of what Halloween is, but not a nightmare. The windlight is part of Cica’s creations so be sure to use her environment to feel the full experience here. I loved walking up to her critters and feeling safe while having an imaginary conversation with them. I saw a few that I avoided since they were a bit sinister.


Halloween is not my favorite holiday but installations like these are a pleasure to view. Don’t miss it!!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Epsilon/120/192/25

Gemma Cleanslate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment