Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Longing Melody

 
By Gemma Cleanslate
 

Autumn is my favorite season of the year not only in Second Life but in real-life. It is cooler, the sounds are different than any other season. Birds migrate at night so fill the sky with chirps as they navigate and are quiet resting during the day or looking for food to sustain their long journey. Those that are usually solitary join up in bands for protection. Many change their color also for safety. Hawks circle above looking for food and sit on wires or poles watching for prey. Insects become fewer as do mice and other varmints. The days rustle with sound as leaf by leaf fall down to the ground, or bustle with the wind blowing many down at a time. Storms seem wilder and more sudden.


Since I was writing about all those shops with Halloween and autumn decorations I decided to go traveling to some regions where autumn was taking place. I found one that I really enjoyed touring. Longing Melody was a quiet respite from the busy shopping places. It was fun to walk and explore various sites. It is part of the Nature Collective but one I had not visited before.


The arrival area gives one the choice of walking a path or taking a boat ride. I decided to walk first and boat later. Every step brought an autumn adventure. The trees were turning their beautiful shades of amber crimson, red and gold as were the grasses and shrubs. Bring an umbrella for sudden downpours. I spotted a seal close to the shore.


They have delicious apples of many varieties here from their orchard. Near by the apple stand there are animals looking hopeful to get a treat. A small playground is close too. Across the water one can see the mist rising from the other island. There is so many lovely paths to explore on the lands. Go visit and enjoy the nature of autumn in all its splendor.

There is one house there that seems to be haunted. I caught a glimpse of a ghost or two. It is not far from the entrance area. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Celestine/190/229/22



I heard that fall had come to the Nature collective land so I went over to see what had happened there. The leaves have turned to red and gold and are falling as you walk down Cornelia street. I stopped for a cup of coffee and a sweet before I left.

They are getting ready for the October hunt at members' places. There is a special Golden Pumpkin involved!  Stop over to get information and walk along the road to the Gateway.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Muslin/121/20/131

Gemma Cleanslate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment