Friday, December 23, 2022

Brian's Christmas Amusement Park

 
By Bixyl Shuftan
 

 For some days, I'd been hearing about a new attraction in the sims where the Newser office makes it's home: the Sunweaver community. Finally while on Cynthia Farshore's Santa sleigh ride, I saw it. It was a Christmas-themed amusement park taking up most of the north edge of the Sunweaver Bay sim.


It had a mixture of attractions, both rides and picturesque displays.


From across the water in the Sunny Beach sim, it was somewhat hidden with just the Christmas trees on the edge clearly visible.


I soon decided to see the place for myself. The edge had a helicopter pad, and a small train stop for it's own smaller rail track that went around the place, with a switch track circle nearby.

I soon saw I was not alone. Brian, the park owner, was checking the track and locomotive.


I asked about what inspired him to make the park. Brian told me, "I have over 85000 items in my invetory so I might as well get some use out of them. ... I tried to keep to rides that could pass as xmas themed."
 
 
I asked him which of the attractions were his favorites. He responded, "That's a hard one, the MadPea items run the best but the Culprit made items have the best sense of humor." So I asked which of the latter. He pointed to a UFO/plane ride, "Try this one."


It turned out one's seating position had some options, one one the saucer making you look like you were barely hanging on.


One of the larger attractions was the bumper cars.


"The bumper cars should be fun," Brian told me, adding that they were know and he hadn't tried them out against anyone else. So we both gave it a shot. They were slightly hard to steer, but still entertaining. 


Not far away was a ferris wheel.


Further down were a couple minor attractions.


Then a reindeer barn and gingerbread cookie place, the latter which had the most elves.

 
Those lazy things they're all down at the sweet shops."



There was another plane ride with some funny poses. 


The west end of the park had a few more rides.


I gave the "spinner" a try and it swung me all around. In real life, that thing better be bolted on tight.

There were a few snowmen on display.


Looks like Frosty got himself in trouble.


In the back was a party area, "The Xmas band and dance floor, if someone gets in the mood." Brian would say after Christmas, the band would take on more of a New Year's Eve look.


Finally there was Brian's own house. Not an attraction, but a private place for him to relax.
 

 Brian is already thinking of what to do next, "I'm Already thinking about what I can Do for Valentines Day. .... Nothing solid yet, thinking maybe a fairy forest kind of thing and maybe a ride or two if I have anything that fits the theme. Plus I need to get back to work on my space station." So when would that be ready? "I have the docking area in. It can be seen just above and behind Cutlass."
 

Brian would say the amusement park will be up, "As long as Cynthia has her Santa sleigh tour running. ... Anyone and everyone is welcome to use this place. And if someone wanted to throw a party here, I would say yes. I love to theme build. I'm never happy and am always tweaking and adjusting."

So come on over to Brian's Christmas amusement park while it's up.


Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment