Monday, November 30, 2015

Winter Scenes 2015


By Gemma Cleanslate


The rest of November and all of December there are so many wonderful places in Second Life to go skating, skiing, sleigh riding and so much more! I thought I had better get going on checking them out for you. My first visit was to the region called “Winter Scenes 2015," and I loved it! 

I found so many fun things to do there: Skating, rezz a horse and ride, cuddle with your honey, or try something new. I have never before bungee jumped in Second Life and found myself dangling on a rope plunging toward earth, and it was great fun! Many avatars were in the sim enjoying the fun. I got into a really good snowball fight by the igloo with a quick little avatar, SanderCohen1 Aeon. I'm not sure who won. It was a good start to my winter tours. The sim is the work of  Incendia Outdoors group owned by ĹυςĨё™ (Lucie Scorbal). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hazelnut/144/31/21

I thought for my second tour I would take a look at Mrs Santa's Christmas Market in Kikai. It is a delightful fair with lovely shops and  kiosks full of goodies, decorations and clothing and more. If you want to roam the town square and shop here is your place. Santa sits patiently waiting for visitors with wishes he will try to fulfill. 

I  took a sleigh ride which gave me a tour of the sim pointing out points of interest, a living manger , a chapel to stop by and light a candle or leave a prayer intention. There is a skating rink with free skates and a sweet carousel to ride. There are so many different creators here with such great outfits for the season. I succumbed to the temptation of some good bargains!! 

I found a few freebies around and discovered that there will be a hunt beginning in December.” In EVERY stall you will find a CHRISTMAS BAUBLE WITH A DATE ON IT. These baubles are part of the Hunt. Starting on Friday November 27. From this date until December 8  there will be TWO GIFTS available each day from December 8 until December 24 there will be even THREE GIFTS per day. Find the bauble(s) with today's date, click it and unpack your gift!”

In one large corner of the marketplace any designer will be interested in the shop called Trendy Templates for all kinds of outfits- amazing things I have no idea how to use . Before I left I took a turn on the skating rink and found Santa there skating around too.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kikai/174/112/601
Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment